D J Cleaning Ltd collect personal information to provide you with the products and services you request as well as information on other products and services offered by or through us. We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
D J Cleaning Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04370961. Our registered office is 65 Market Place, Market Weighton, York YO43 3AN.
About this Policy
Who is the Data Controller?
Why do we collect your information?
Any information you provide us, either using the internet or by any other means, is only collected for purposes which are reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our business functions, products or activities. Products that require the collection of information include: Asbestos Removal, Environmental Services, Cleaning Services and Demolition Services.
These purposes include using and processing your information:
- to provide you with the products and services they request and to monitor, evaluate and improve products and services;
- to assist you with queries, resolve your complaints, or requests for access to information, or to manage any legal action involving us;
- to manage customer relationships or accounts and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, methodology of works, credit scoring, identity verification, staff training, invoicing, collecting debts and market or customer satisfaction research);
- to provide information on products and services offered by us and external product and service providers for whom we act as a contractor (unless you have opted out);
- for debt collection and debt tracing;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to the extent otherwise permitted by law;
- to identify or to establish their tax status under any UK or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; and
- to gather and aggregate information for statistical, prudential, actuarial and research purposes;
- to develop and implement measures to detect or prevent unlawful activity, fraud, money laundering and credit loss.
If we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
If you choose not to provide information which we require for the above purposes, we may be unable to provide you with the goods and services you request from us.
We will not otherwise transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are otherwise required or permitted to do so by law.
What information do we collect about you?
The personal information we collect from you is used to enable us to provide the specific service or product you have requested or is information required to assist you in using our website.
Customer information includes the following:
- business to business details such as name and address of the company, contact name(s) in the company to conduct business, their business telephone/mobile number, business email address, the site address and the business website details;
- company registration number;
- company VAT number;
- person to business details such as title, forename, surname, address, telephone/mobile number, email address
- where you "like" us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram;
- where you review the products and services offered by D J Cleaning Ltd on online review sites, such as Trust Pilot or Google Reviews; or
- information necessary for legal and regulatory compliance purposes.
Data provided by you is done so voluntarily but we may also collect it where lawful to do so from (and combine it with information from) fraud prevention agencies, public sources, third party service providers such as Experian Limited, tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of our websites or services.
What website and internet usage information do we collect?
If you visit our website to read, browse or download information, our system may record the following information which is provided by your browser:
- the date and time of your visit;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using;
- standard internet and website log information to understand our website visitors use;
- your Internet Service Provider and top level domain name (for example - .com, .gov, .co.uk, .uk etc.);
- the address of any referring website (for example - the previous website you visited) and the website you visit after leaving our site; and
- your computer's IP (Internet Protocol) address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet).
Website data is kept strictly confidential. It is used for internal research purposes and to provide goods and services that you request. It helps us monitor which sections of the site are most popular to give us a clear idea of what type of information and services to include on our site.
When you use our website, we may send you a "cookie" that gives you a unique identification number. A "cookie" is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses the website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. A different identification number is sent each time you use our website. These cookies may be Session cookies which only last until you close your browser, or they may be Persistent cookies which are stored longer term on your computer. Cookies do not identify individual users, although they may identify a user's browser type and your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn more about these functions. If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our website or certain website functions may not work properly or at all.
Collection via online forms
If you decide to complete an online enquiry form, we will collect the information that you enter into the online form and the IP address of your computer. If you cancel your enquiry prior to submission, any information entered on the current screen which has not yet been submitted, will be automatically deleted. Information you have already submitted to us prior to you cancelling your application may be used to contact you about your enquiry. The enquiry form will be kept for a reasonable period of time but in any event it will be deleted after a period of no longer than 30 business days.
Collection of Telephone and CCTV recordings and images
We may also record telephone conversations and CCTV images to offer you additional security, resolve complaints, for staff training purposes, to improve our service standards and for fraud prevention measures.
Who do we disclose or share your information with?
We will not give your information to Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies;
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law;
- by your actions we consider you to have released us from our duty of confidentiality or to have consented to the disclosure of information about you without actually saying so (for example, if you discuss your position publicly with the media);
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health; or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Depending on the product or service D J Cleaning Ltd has provided you with, we may disclose information to external product and service providers for whom we act as a contractor, so that they may provide you with the product or service you seek or in which you have expressed an interest, for example air monitoring.
Keeping your Information
Online Advertising and Performance Tracking
We use several advertising companies to devise and deliver our online advertising. This often involves displaying banner advertisements on third party websites.
When you see one of our advertisements on a third party website, cookies and, in some cases, Spotlight tags are sometimes used to collect information such as:
- the server your computer is logged on to;
- your browser type;
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the performance of their marketing efforts.
When you visit our website directly or after seeing one of our advertisements on a third-party website, anonymous information is collected on how you use our website. This might include which pages you view, and whether you start or complete an online enquiry form. The tracking companies aggregate all the captured information and use it to study internet user behaviour patterns.
They do not include personal information in their studies and use the data mainly to measure advertising effectiveness and relative consumer interest in the various areas of our websites. No personal information is collected during this process. If, however, any information is automatically collected, the tracking companies are required under their arrangements with us to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of that personal information.
We may disclose the information collected, in an aggregated form only, to third parties including advertisers or potential advertisers.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to non-D J Cleaning Ltd websites. While such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites might not be the same as ours and we encourage you to read and understand the privacy policies on these websites prior to providing any information to them.
Will my personal information be transferred abroad?
The personal information you provide to us is processed in the UK. We do not transfer data outside of the European Economic Area.
Your rights in relation to information we hold about you
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR at any time (a Data Subject Access Request or DSAR). No fee will be required, although reasonable fees can be charged for manifestly unfounded or excessive requests. Your request will be responded to within one calendar month or any earlier time limit prescribed by law.
You have the following rights:
- to make changes or corrections to your information to make sure it is accurate and up to date;
- ask us to stop or limit our use or processing of your information or delete your information (we are not obliged to do this in relation to information we need as part of our contractual relationship or for compliance with other laws, such as taxation or accounting laws);
- receive a copy of the information we hold about you;
- withdraw consent you have previously provided;
- transfer your information to a third party; and
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/) or the relevant authority in your country of work or residence.
Please note that we reserve the right to retain certain information for our own record-keeping (for example, to ensure that you do not receive marketing communications that you have opted-out of receiving) and to defend ourselves against any claims. We may also need to send you service-related communications relating to the goods or services that we provide to you even when you have requested not to receive marketing communications.
If we make any changes that we think are material in the way we collect, use, and/or share your Personal Information, we will notify you by sending an email to the email address you most recently provided (unless we do not have such an email address), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website. If we add new cookies to our website, change the data collected by current cookies, or what we use that data for, we will let you know the next time you visit our website and ask for your consent to their use.
If you have a question, want to exercise your rights or make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and your question will be responded to as soon as possible.
You can contact us at:
D J Cleaning Ltd, Westgate, North Newbald, York YO43 4SN
You also have the right to complain about our use of your personal data to the Information Contact Centre, Commissioner's Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or www.ico.org.uk
This was updated on 22 November 2019